Title

Monday, May 7, 2012

Crystal City Friday 5ks


I believe this is the 4th year that Crystal City has put on their 5K Fridays in April. I ran one Friday last year and one Friday the year before that. This year I decided I would change things up and register for the full 4 race series. That and I thought my boyfriend was going to be gone for the majority of April...so why not. Well, he got back in March but I've still tried to run them all. I even got the boyfriend to run the first one before heading to Dewey Beach.

I didn't get a chance to run one of the Fridays because I ended up leaving DC early that day and took some much needed personal time off from work.  I signed up with one of my sorority sisters, Betsy, and had fun being competitive with her one week and then completely hung over (yes, still hung over at 6 PM the next day) running with her the second week.

I can proudly say that I made a PR in the first race!!! (25:47 to be exact!!)  AND even better: I only finished under one minute slower than the boy!!! WOOOOOOOT. So what was out of shape from being on a boat for 2 months...not my problem! And you better believe I kept mentioning the fact I finished less than a minute after he did!



BOOOOOM PR TIME!!!!!

Waiting around to start the race...so many people were running!

Me and Betsy after the race we were hungover. We still managed to finish at 27:20!


Not a PR....but still finished in 26:17!!! That's 8:31 miles! (30 seconds slower than PR time)

No comments:

Post a Comment