Title

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dancing Queen

My dad and I went to Nashville a couple of weeks ago to see my sister dance in the competition. If you're wondering...she got all the dancing genes in the family! I had no idea what to expect because I've surely never attended a dancing competition in my life! There was glitter, sequins, and feathers as far as the eye could see! I was in heaven!!! One thing I did learn was that dancing is NOT CHEAP. By any means!!! Good lord, some of the dresses cost more than a used car...and I'm talking in the price range of $4,500!!!!! Can you believe it? I surely did not! Good grief! Not just the dress, but you've got to pay to compete, pay for you partner to compete, pay for you & your partner's plane ticket and hotel, spray tan, nails, makeup, hair, shoes, oh yeah...and you've got to eat. Good Gracious! But it sure was fun to watch!

Here are some pictures of the day:


I liked this chick's dress the best, don't really know why. Sorry for the blurry pictures, my camera SUCKS.


Wow, really? Only here can you get away with glitter, fringe, tulle AND feathers at the same time!


So many colors to choose from!


Some of these were the price of a used car. I snorted/choked at a $4,500 price tag.


Me, Azita, and my sister celebrating after her competition.


What girl doesn't love accessories?!!?


Look at ALL THAT BLING!!!!


More costumes.


Different shoes to choose from


Glitter/feather/fringe overload!!!


My sister and her dance partner. She had 2 dresses on that day (black and purple)


I liked this chick a lot. She was a professional. There was a pretty even mix of amateur guys and girls. I thought it would mostly be just girls but I guess guys want to dance too!


So many different outfits!


Sister mid dance.


Back shot. It was really hard to get a front shot while they were dancing. I need a faster/better/nicer camera!


My sister with her winnings!

And then some videos from her competition:






















No comments:

Post a Comment