Title

Monday, August 12, 2013

Coming Home


Erica, I (me? Ah #Grammarproblems) and Crystal

A few weekends ago, I went back home for my mom's birthday. I can''t even remember the last time I was home and went to see her, so it was great to spend the weekend at home and be pampered! of course, I couldn't just sit at home and do nothing at night (I tried, unsuccessfully!). Thankfully some of my favorite ladies were in town (just missing Melissa!) and was able to go to Downtown Hampton's Block Party. Apparently its been going on for over 20 years...which makes sense, because I can't ever remember a time there wasn't a summer Saturday party.



We made it out to a new restaurant called Venture. It was started by the man who owns Marker 20 down the street. This place was AMAZING! You M-U-S-T try the blackberry moonshine (its dangerous, but oh so so yummy!) This place grows its own herbs to add to the drinks! So cool! Its kind of hard to tell from the photo, but they are there.

And of course, while at home I HAD to visit Plaza Azteca for some white sauce! I swear there has to be some sort of crack in it, you just can't stop eating it! Its one of the FEW things I miss about living in Newport News!

No comments:

Post a Comment