Title

Monday, September 2, 2013

The Bay Area Visit




I must say that the weather in San Fran is TO.DIE.FOR! I left the heat and humidity and 90 degrees in DC and landed in 60 degree weather. It was quite a shock at first and the day I arrived it was pretty cold and damp. However, the day continued on and warmed up! Honestly, I couldn't have asked for better weather the whole time I was there! Because the weather is so amazing, you saw so many people out and about being active, whether running, biking, or swimming.  I did so many things that I'll probably break up the trip into several posts. 

Thankfully I had a direct flight, that was a LONG 6 hours smushed in between two people in the middle seat. United makes you pay pretty much for any seat selection, and I stated that I wanted aisle or window, but still got the middle. Womp womp.  

I scooped up Buster and we made our way into the city center on the BART, SF's version of the metro.  We stayed around Embarcadero, near the financial district. Embarcadero derives its name from the Spanish verb embracar, meaning "to embark". He doesn't have a place yet, so we stayed at a hotel near the water.  

In case we forgot where we were staying, here is what was on the hotel wall:





I didn't come with many expectations or places I really wanted to see, I thought it would be more fun to just walk around and see SF as a non-tourist.

So much food was consumed while on this trip! I wouldn't have been able to keep up with it, but I used Four Square to check in everywhere I went! I'm going to break this trip into a few posts, so STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment