I could have kicked myself in the butt when I didn't make a bucket list in London and there are still things I wanted to accomplish but didn't make the time to do so. A year seems like such a long time, but day by day adds up and the time disappears like sand in an hour glass. So in my efforts, I've begun a list of things I want to accomplish in my time in DC (however long it may be)...here goes!
Life's Pink Bucket List:
Georgetown Cupcake Eat at Old Ebbitt Grille (oldest restaurant in DC) Visit the UK Embassy Arlington Cemetery for Memorial Day Washington Nationals game EU Open House Day Catch an outdoor 90s movie in Rosslyn Gravely point park to watch the planes go by Jazz in the Garden National Half Marathon Volunteer at Walter Reed DC United game Army 10K Newseum Capitals game Take the Bell Tower tour at the Old Post Office Pavillion Eastern Market See a Free for All Shakespeare play National Cathedral and take a Gargoyle Tour Zoo
- Kayak down the Potomac
- Go down to Mount Vernon to see George Washington's estate
- See a Christmas Carol at Ford's Theatre
- Watch a movie on Screen on the Green
- Ben’s Chili Bowl
- Catch a show at the 930 club
- Caribbean festival
- Watch the Rolling Thunder motorcycles for Memorial Day
- Cherry Blossom Festival
- Marine Corps Half Marathon
- DC Drag Queen Race
- Meridian Hill Park on Sundays to hear the famous drum circle
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- Go to the top of the Washington Monument
This list is just a starter and more will be added as I hear more things to do :) If you have any ideas, let me know!
p.s. I tried to tame down my page's background color and I'm not in love with it but I tried to save your eyes...you're welcome.