Title

Friday, March 18, 2011

I Don't Want to Grow Up

Yeah, peter pan was right, I don't ever want to grow up! Apartment searching is giving me anxiety and I wish I could just close my eyes and pretend I don't have to do anything!

On the subject of Peter Pan, I googled a bit of information:
Peter Pan is a character created by Scottish novelist and playwright J. M. Barrie (1860–1937). A mischievous boy who can fly and magically refuses to grow up, Peter Pan spends his never-ending childhood adventuring on the small island of Neverland as the leader of his gang the Lost Boys, interacting with mermaids, Indians, fairies, pirates, and (from time to time) meeting ordinary children from the world outside.

Peter Pan became Barrie's best-known work, credited with popularising the name Wendy, which was very uncommon previously. Before his death, he gave the rights to the Peter Pan works to Great Ormond Street Hospital, which continues to benefit from them. Who knew?!?! (Now you do!)

Barrie died of pneumonia on June 19, 1937 and is buried at Kirriemuir next to his parents and two of his siblings. He left the bulk of his estate (excluding the Peter Pan works, which he had given to Great Ormond Street Hospital) to his secretary Cynthia Asquith.

There's a really fun Peter Pan statue in Hype park in London that Hannah and I just happened to pass (okay, okay, we diligently searched it out!).



No comments:

Post a Comment