Title

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Easter Weekend

For Easter weekend, I drove to Dewey Beach, DE with my boyfriend after running the Crystal City 5K (more on that in a later post!). Coming from a smaller family, we don't really celebrate holidays at all, much less have the family all in one spot. Let me just say spending a weekend with 24 other people...is well, a bit overwhelming!! I think there were 8 kids and 16 adults! This is the first time I've been with all of his family in one place, I've spent time with them in different capacities (including a family trip to Mexico) and I'll admit there was one point that I did get extremely overwhelmed and I just kind of had to sit there and try not to listen to the 10 conversations going on around me. Ha! But I will say its quite a side show when they're all together. I can't tell you how many times my stomach hurt from laughing so hard. The food is always top-notch and the wine is always flowing with them.

They're the kind of the family I always wanted but never really had. Because my dad was in the military and we were always living somewhere far away, we never spent family holidays as a big group. Granted, the rest of the family did but we weren't party to the craziness very often. Then again, that isn't an excuse for the fact that I'm not close to my family. I'm a big girl now and if I wanted to get more involved I could, but I choose not to.

Anyways, we spent the majority of the weekend talking, eating,shopping, riding our bikes to the Starboard, or bar hoping at night. Overall, it was an AMAZING weekend. Well, except for the 9 year old niece asking repeatedly when we were getting married....AWKWARD.

A delicious concoction of ruby red absolute vodka, fresh squeeze grapefruit, sprite, and a splash of triple sec.

 The Starboard!!! (toted to be the worlds best bloody mary bar)


No comments:

Post a Comment