Title

Sunday, November 22, 2009

This Day in History v.1

So, whenever I am a bit down and hard on myself the only thing that seems to refresh me is to think back and try to remember where I was this time in London. I could kick myself in the ass for not starting a blog while I was abroad, but better late than never.

For example, two years ago in London about now-ish I went to the lighting of the Oxford Street Christmas Lights. Two words for it: Pure Chaos. According to ViewLondon.co.uk, Oxford Street Christmas lights are among the most famous in the world, each year attracting thousands to the West End over the Christmas and New Year period. Each year there is a theme, and I think its generally a Disney movie they are promoting. 2007's theme was the movie Enchanted and 2009's theme is The Christmas Carol.



Not sure if you can see it in the picture, but there are THOUSANDS of people there on Oxford Street. I mean, that street is busy any day but that day was particularly busy. I can't remember everyone who went that day but I believe Maura, Nayeli, Jake, and Chu at least, perhaps Hannah went as well. So trying not to loose each other was humorous. I kind of miss living in a big city and being able to push people in a crowd who are being stupid. You'd probably be arrested or punched if you were to push someone around here. Sad times!

Perhaps I will try to make this throw back a weekly post of some sort. Who knows, we'll see :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment