Title

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Big Easy


It just makes me so, so, so happy to go somewhere new. Especially when I can see one of my sorority siters at the same time! Thank you Mel Lee for letting me sleep on your couch :)

Carlina and I flew in on Friday and we promptly made our way into the city and began our drinking escapade.






Our next stop was to pause at the world renouned Cafe du Monde, the most amazing coffee shop known for their cafe au laits and the beignets. AMAZING! My inner fat kid was quieted as I munched on a bile of dough and sugar. A beignet is a square piece of dough, friend, and covered with powdered sugar. In other words, pure heaven! And drumroll please...

And closer....

What they say about the food is true...its amazing!

We then set out to explore the city. Its weird that one street is beautiful and gorgeous and the next street over is ghetto. Wait a minute, are we in New Orleans or Norfolk? Here are a few pictures of the trip.

And then there was P-H-I-M-U! We got to meet the president of Phi Mu, Robin Fanning!!! Robin freaking Fanning!

And then of course we had to do a lion spotting at the park.
And the next trip is....New York City next weekend!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment