Title

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Hill Country BBQ

A while back my sorority alumni group went to a bar in Penn Quarter called Hill Country BBQ and let me just tell you, it rocked my world. I ate SO much food that I literally felt sick (not smart) and to top it off I even had a hard time falling asleep because my belly was SO full. Not the best feeling in the world, but I had so much fun with my sisters and meeting a few new ones and their sweet potatoes were to.die.for. And on Wednesdays they don't wear pink but they DO have a full roasted pig and it was soooooo yummy!

We were all VERY confused as how to order and just kind of stood there were mouths agape in confusion. See you get this one little paper card and you are told to keep a hold of it for the rest of the evening, its your ticket to get outta the place. No, really, its just a receipt so you can pay at the end. Your drinks are on it, your food, and anything else you purchase. This in itself is a horrible idea if you intend on getting drunk. Who can keep track of a piece of paper when you drink?!?!?! And there's really not a menu, you just say I want this much of this. Very confusing! I timidly went up to the register and Betsy who was in front of me was chit chatting away with the register guy and he said she absolutely HAD to try the pig so she did. It rocked her world. She wanted me to try some so mine could also be rocked. It did. It was. I had to order it. Along with the cornbread that was staring me in the eye. The DC alum chapter was going to purchase all of our sides (we were supposed to have our annual picnic on the mall but a hurricane put a stop to that!). So instead they ordered huge quantities of sides. Let me tell you, their Longhorn Cheddar Mac & Cheese and their Sweet Potato Burbon Mash are AH-FREAKING-MAZING. But please, for the love of God, do NOT order the PB&J cupcake. GAG. GROSS. Along with the sides, the chapter also purchased several desserts as well. To be honest, their desserts weren't that great. And you KNOW this girl loves her some desserts (my waistline will tell you this is very much true).

Oh and $2PBRs and $5 margaritas are the best way to keep me coming back to a place! They also have live music after 9 too! All in all a great and fabulous night out on the town with my sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment