Title

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Beam Me Up Scotty!

Where I live, Crystal City, is having weekly Monday night outdoor movies and this year's theme is Star Trek. Every Monday for 11 weeks they are showing another Star Trek film in the order they came out. Since Megan lives right down the street, we attempted to go to the one this past Monday. Boy, lots more people came out than expected so we were in the way way back past some bushes that were heavily obstructing our views. Next week we are going to try to get there a bit earlier and perhaps grab dinner and eat out picnic style. I'm going to be nerdy and bring my backpack beach chair, I'm just getting too old for movies indian style.

On a side note, I really hate when outdoor movies say they are going to start at "sun down" now when exactly is that? You see, I'm OCD and a planner, I need to know if thats 7:30, 7:45, or even 7:58...don't just tell me "sundown". If you start the movie at 9 and you know you are going to start the movie at 9, then why don't you just say so?????

Let me first off mention that the first movie came out 3 years before I was born...to put that in perspective, a year before MTV even came out! Horrrrrible graphics to say the least. And since we were in the complete back we could barely hear because the speakers were up front. And of course I forgot my glasses at home and I forgot that there are subtitles, you know, in case you don't speak Vultron. What, you mean you don't? Resistance is futile!

Yeah, we only lasted 45 minutes and then we went home. Anyways, we'll see if we make it out to another movie. It was fun to go even without watching the movie..who doesn't love an outdoor movie???

No comments:

Post a Comment