Title

Friday, June 15, 2012

This Day in History v.28



Piccadilly Circus is CRAY-CRAY. So full of people, life, neon signs, and colors. Its the hustle and bustle that gets me every time. I love being a part of that feeling like I am such a local that I have to rush to get home or work or wherever life is taking me. I don't have time for silly tourists. Ha! There's a big open space in the middle of the jumble of cars. The picture above was taken on the top of a double-decker bus with Hannah while we rode a bus to see the city. Honestly, if you're in London, try to take a bus if you have to go anywhere. Its neat to see the city and you really understand how close some of the tube stations are and how its probably easier to walk!!

According to Wikipedia, Piccadilly Circus was built in 1819 to connect Regent street with Piccadilly. Near Piccadilly Circus are a lot of West End theaters, major shopping areas, and of course high end restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment