Title

Friday, June 24, 2011

WICKED


So for the third time I am super excited to announce that I’m going to see Wicked again this weekend!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEKKKKKKKKK!!!!! This was my very first musical, and I even got to see it in London. I remember the first time I saw it, I sat amazed at the glamour, the sparkle, the amazing overwhelming cast and singing. Now, I’d never been to a musical or a play at intermission I thought that it was over…and I was okay with that. Little did I know that I was in for more! It was almost more than I could handle. I was in awe. The second time was JUST as amazing. Now, I’ve seen a few shows in between from that first time until now (Hairspray, Grease, Les Miserables, Radio City Hall Rockettes, Rock of Ages, Sweeney Todd, Riverdance, Afrika Afrika, etc) and it's still by far my favorite. The second time I saw the show in Norfolk with my mom. Now, she’s not really into musicals or anything so she didn’t really enjoy herself, but that’s a whole other blog post. It was more that she was spending time with her daughter.

This time I will see it in DC at the Kennedy Center. I spent an hour trying to get tickets the day they came on sale but the KC’s website crashed and caused a whole lot of people to be extremely unhappy. Actually, I finally gave up an hour later, I think I had put my credit card information in at least 5 different times and nothing…and the day after next I received an email saying my information went through. I freaked, thinking that all of my tries went through and now I had like 6 tickets. After I stopped freaking out I thought this was GREAT because then I could sell them for a profit (hey, I mean I do have an MBA after all…I like doing business and making money…I mean, WHO DOESN’T?!?!?!) Well anyways, thankfully I only had 1 ticket. PHEW! This is the first show that I will actually see by myself and I’m just afraid that the person next to me thinks I’m a freak when I start singing along :)

The song Defying Gravity really kind of defined my year in London. The last week I was there I just listened to it over and over and over again. It's kind of hard to explain, but that’s what I felt like my year in London, in one of the largest and most populated cities in the world, on my own, making ends meet…I was defying gravity. It was an amazing experience and the memories from that year will be held close to my heart for the rest of my life. Nothing can ever top it, it was life defying.

And actually…I’m listening to the soundtrack NOW to get ready for the show!!!!

“THE WIZARD WILL SEE YOU NOW…”



Wicked in London

Gah-linda (extra points if you got the reference!) and Elphaba

No comments:

Post a Comment