Title

Monday, June 6, 2011

New Diggs


I just realized I never blogged about my apartment search and the one I chose! Well, as some of you may remember, I posted this Craigslist ad looking for a new roommate or two. Well, I did meet a few women from the ad, I ulitmately found it hard to find new roommates and then find a place, everyone seemed to have different wants and price ranges so it ended up being too difficult. So instead, I found two girls via their CL ads and at first I thought it was unoriginal and kind of a boring ad so I didn't think much of it, but when I met the two girls I was sold that they were going to yoga together afterwards! Yay for roommates that get a long and do things together. I didn't just want to be paying rent for a room and not socialize with them. Its definitely an ethnic apartment :) One roommate is from Ghana and the other is from the Philippines. Wow!

I moved into an apartment in Courthouse which is in Arlington, VA about the middle of April. Actually, I moved into the same building as one of my sorority sisters and her finance! YAY! I see lots of pool time this summer...hopefully! And the area is super easy to navigate and about an 8 minute walk to the metro, which is really helpful with my car free diet! And I really like the girls...so its great!

A little background about my new area:
Courthouse sits between Clarendon and Rosslyn. Courthouse is a transit-oriented neighborhood in Arlington County, Virginia. It is home to the Court House stop on the Orange Line of the Washington Metro.

Although Arlington is so geographically small that it does not have component towns or cities, the Courthouse neighborhood is sometimes referred to as county seat, as it is home to the primary county government administrative complex as well as a justice center consisting of a jail, courthouse and police HQ. Indeed, the neighborhood gets its name from the governmental uses that call it home.

Where the Court House sits now used to be Fort Woodbury, part of the Arlington Line, an extensive network of fortifications erected in present-day Arlington County, Virginia to protect Washington, D.C. from Confederate attack during the American Civil War. Construction began on the Arlington Line in May 1861, shortly after war broke out, and accelerated after the Union's defeat at the First Battle of Bull Run in July 1861.
I do still miss living in Crystal City and I definitely miss the sports pub!!! Not that I actually like sports, but I know one of the bartenders ;) Can't beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment