Title

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

That's a lot of Beans Spent on Beans

Geesh. Did you know the American consumer spends on average $1,100 on coffee a year? Good god. That's a lot of beans (money) spent on beans (coffee)! I mean, I too like expensive coffee like Starbucks.

B-U-T usually when I go to Starbucks, I spend $2.25 on an iced coffee then diligently bring it back to the office and add my own creamer (currently york peppermint-patty flavored right know thank.you.very.much!) And I bring in my own re-usable cup for my $2 joe and get .10 cents off! 10 cents isn't much but it all adds up. On rare occassion, usually when I get my free coffee coupon from Starbucks, will I splurge on a $5 grande java chip frappachino.

According to the article, "American worker is shelling out more than $20 a week on coffee, for a yearly average of $1,092. Whereas commuting costs for the average worker come out to around $1,476 per year." WOW, only spending $384 more a year on commuting costs versus coffee? That's some serious addiction!!

1 comment:

  1. Can you believe I haven't had any coffee since last May? But at least it was awesome coffee in Europe! If you use a Starbucks card, you get points, free flavor pumps and free coffee! I'm going to start back on my caffeine habit soon, and want to try that creamer!

    ReplyDelete