Title

Friday, August 17, 2012

Dave Mathew's Winery


This weekend the girls from Hampton and I are going to Dave Mathew's winery in Charlottesville, Virginia! I've actually never been to a winery...if only there were public transportation to and from the winery! I've been to other types of wine tastings, but not to an actual winery. I can't wait! Its about a 2 1/2 hour drive from DC and we're all driving up Saturday, going to the winery, and then staying at a local hotel.

Dave Mathews created three wines: Crush (red blend), Cabernet Savignon, and a Chardonnay. I only found out about this winery maybe a year ago. My best friend's mom bought her this wine and told us where its from! Conveniently it can be purchased at my local Target for $15 a bottle. Yuuuum! My favoirte is the Crush one, a mixed red wine.

He and a winemaker created a vino they're calling Dreaming Tree Wines, after the Dave Matthews Band track "The Dreaming Tree" from the 1998 album "Before These Crowded Streets." The bottles are pretty neat, they are made 50% lighter than normal bottles, the labels are 100% recycled paper and the corks are sustainably grown.

I can't wait to show you all more! Stay tuned!

Have you been to a winery before? Which one? Did you know about DM's winery?

1 comment: