Title

Friday, September 19, 2014

Day Around the Bay #2: Fisherman's Wharf


So as my second foray into running around my new city, I took on Fisherman's Wharf. It was a particularly chilly day and most tourists were wrapped in coats and scarves, I was running in my shorts and tank top. Whoops. You can tell who are tourists and who aren't.

I do love that I work from home now and can set my own schedule. I typically work from 6:30am-3:30pm and I absolutely love getting off work so early!!! Its awesome to be able to go for a run whenever I choose. I don't mean to rub it in, but its pretty sweet!

On a random Friday, when I had nothing to do, I decided to take myself on a run.  Down to Fisherman's Wharf and back. Probably a total of 5 miles round trip.  Fisherman's Wharf encompasses the norther waterfront area of San Francisco, from Ghiradelli Square east to Kearny Street.

It started with a run down the Embarcadero and down to Fisherman's Wharf.  First stop was Boudin Bakery. MAN, this place smells DEVINE! Don't run past this place if you're hungry....its just bad news bears.


There's this HUGE window where you can see the bakers kneading the dough and making loaves.


And then there's THESE bread loaves!!! The one above is an alligator.


And here is a bear and some turtles! Um...apparently you can order these shapes! Whoa!


Oh so touristy....so many tourists EVERYWHERE.


And of course, there's In and Out Burger, the West Coast thing to do. 


Just a little downtown touristy action


Checked off another National Park on my list at the Hyde Street Pier.


There are eight historic vessels to view at the pier.



Hello there beautiful Golden Gate Bridge





Reminds me of all the ships in Virginia!!






Straight up Hyde street!






And one last view from up Hyde Street!

Other Day Around the Bays:
#1 North Beach and Coit Tower

No comments:

Post a Comment