Title

Monday, January 31, 2011

Bitches Who Brunch*



* Title not meant to offend anyone but its an ode to a super cute website of the same name.

This month's sorority brunch bunch was at Co Co Sala. Now, I've wanted to go to this restaurant since I got here. It's a chocolate lounge and boutique...um YES!!!!!!! Sign me up! Imagine my happiness when I got the email from my alum (soon to be) president about this month's brunch...eeeeekkkkk!!!!!!!

There were 16 of us, the largest brunch bunch by double! We even had to cap off the number of people who could attend. I'm pretty sure Co Co Sala doesn't do large groups but they were very accomodating and the waitress really knew her stuff. It was a fixed price menu: 3 courses for $26. Not a bad deal!

I went to Hannah's Saturday night for a game night so I spent the night and we drove into the city together. Brunch was at 1pm and we stayed until almost 4 pm!!!! Holy cow! It was so hard to choose what I wanted to eat from the menu but I settled on the french toast and a white chocolate mousse. But I also wanted the hotcakes, breakfast flatbread, chicken casesar salad flatbread, grown up grilled cheese or the aztec cheese enchilladas. I just couldn't decide! Even though I knew the french toast would probably be too sweet but I figured if I didn't order it, I would regret it later! So glad I did! I wasn't able to finish it but I gave it a valant effort!

Here is the discription of what I ordered:

FRENCH TOAST S’MORES
cinnamon brioche stuffed with house-made marshmallow, dark chocolate, & graham shortbread /warm banana compote/ milk chocolate mousse

STOLEN HEART
white chocolate & raspberry mousse with chocolate crispy pearls

The very understated plaque for the restaurant:

Outside door with red carpet

Iced Hot Chocolate with milk chocolate shavings on top...so hard to not suck this baby down!

Some chocolate truffle thing with caramel on the bottom


My French Toast Smores
(with my friend Sarah's "Grown up Grilled Cheese" in the immediate background and Caroline's breakfast flatbread in the back)


White chocolate raspberry mousse


Up close and personal!


Statue made of chocolate!!!


Art made of sugar!

Some of the ladies that came for the brunch
A little blurry because I haven't quite figured out my new camera yet.

"Hanner" and "Emma"

Sorority girls know how to party....ouch. HAHAHA. Good thing there were 16 of us to split it!


DJ Pauly D?!?!?!?! Shut up! Really random, but I found this flyer outside in the snow. Jersey Shore reppin' in the DC!

No comments:

Post a Comment