Title

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

This Day in History v.27

Me in front of one of my future houses when I marry Prince Harry.


I love doing something or going somewhere and then later finding out how cool it is or some sort of history. Such as here when I snapped this picture of a call box in DC then later found out what it was. Well I took this picture back in 2007 or 2008 when I lived in London and my mom had come to visit. I was reading one of my favourite blogs today, Tired of London, Tired of Life, and found out the significance!  The Canada Gates were given to London by Canada in 1905 and is at the entrance of Green Park. I was inside the park and took this picture.

Right near the gate is the Canada Memorial, erected in 1992, which is a tribute to the 113,663 members of the Canadian Forces killed during World Wars I and II. Thank you Wikipedia!

 The Canada Memorial. Interesting its not called the Canadian Memorial...but what do I know?

No comments:

Post a Comment