Title

Monday, August 25, 2014

Junior League of San Francisco


As many of you know, I moved to San Francisco just a few months ago and my boyfriend recently left for a 5 month deployment. I have all of 1 friends here, so I decided that I needed another avenue to make friends! I've always wanted to join Junior League, but I've never had the time or financial resources to join. I know the first year has a massive amount of required activities and you have to achieve a certain number of points to be able to become an official member. Man, its like the first year of joining Phi Mu!

Before I even moved, I researched how to join the San Francisco chapter. Glad I did because I had to make a mandatory meeting in order to be eligible to join and the last one scheduled was 2 weeks after I moved!  Well, I'm happy to report that I've successfully started my first year as a provisional member! I'm really excited to get started with JL and make loads of new friends!

Here's a bit of background on JL from their website:



Since its founding in 1901 by social activist Mary Harriman, The Junior League has evolved into one of the oldest, largest, and most effective women’s volunteer organizations in the world, encompassing more than 150,000 women in 292 Leagues in four countries.

Our Mission
The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. (AJLI) is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.


And then for the San Francisco Chapter specifically:




The Junior League of San Francisco, an organization of women – 2,000 strong in the Bay Area – is dedicated to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.

The Junior League of San Francisco is one of the largest and oldest affiliates among the 294 Junior Leagues throughout the U.S., Canada, Mexico, and the U.K. Our volunteers are women of vision and passion who’ve been making a powerful difference in Bay Area communities for 100 years. Since the JLSF was founded in 1911, our volunteers have raised more than $24 million and contributed over six million volunteer hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment