Title

Friday, August 14, 2015

Rehoboth, Delaware

Next up on the travel adventure was going to Rehoboth Beach.  This isn't the first time I've written about Rehoboth/Dewey Beach, there's that time we went there for Easter.


Besides sitting with Grannie, I did a lot of drinking on this trip. Oops.  Little to no beach time because OH MY GAWD THE EAST COAST IS SO HOT.  I forgot how hot and miserable I am during the summers there.  So instead, I kept inside and drank amazing cocktails like this rum punch at Henlopen Oyster House. No seriously, you need to get your butt to happy hour from 3-5 daily.  But you need to be in line like 15 minutes early because this place instantly gets busy!


We went to Pig & Fish like every other day there, the food is just SO GOOD and the service is amazing!  Grannie and Pop Pop are VIPs here...no, REALLY.  You can be a VIP too.  They have a pretty awesome program where the more you spend, the more "points" you acclimate AND GET FREE FOOD.  Who doesn't like F-R-E-E  F-O-O-D? Here are the perks:
  • You accumulate one point for every dollar spent on food, beverage or merchandise (excluding gratuity).
  • You accrue a 10% discount credit with every purchase! Spend it or bank it, YOU choose when you use it! ($50 maximum discount credit redemption per visit)
  • You can use your credits in the restaurant for all beverage and food items, or towards merchandise
  • Earn double points on all Happy Hour specials, at our bar, 3-6pm, Monday - Saturday & Sunday Noon-6pm

My drinking escapades ended with a(muse) restaurant where I had the Matty 73....SO delightful!



Ok, so there was this ONE day where it was not miserably 90+ degrees, so I took myself out on a 5 mile run down in Dewey and back. I had to snap this pic of The Starboard and send it to the B Man just to torture him. Sadly, I did not go in for a Grapefruit (or orange) crush.


See....I did get to the beach....once.....for 5 minutes.

They live two blocks from the boardwalk. This was early in the morning....before the chaos of the day starts.

B Man's Aunt and Uncle purchased a pontoon boat....so we went out to Lewes for lunch one day via boat!

One night there was live music down by the boardwalk. They were pretty good!

Grannie took me to an auction. I don't think I've ever been to an auction before and BOY were there some interesting folks here! And the SHIT (excuse me, someone's treasures) there were and how much some of this stuff went for!  Like this weird painting. I was like WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WANTS THIS. Holy shit....it went for $2,700!  It was some famous artist.  And this is why I know NOTHING about art.

We ended the week with taking the pontoon boat out and docking it in Dewey.



What a great little spot!
This is before all of the boats came in and it was PACKED!  We wadded out to the shore and ate lunch at Que Pasa. It was pretty fun to eat with our toes in the sand :)


The fam introduced me to this beauty, Narragansett Beer!  This Shandy is SO GOOD. I normally hate shandy, but this was just lemonade-ey enough and not overwhelming.  This company is out of Rhode Island and from what they said, its really hard to find anywhere near DC....so clearly it wont be out here in San Francisco, but one could hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment