Title

Thursday, July 1, 2010

This Day in History v. 11

So two years ago in June (ok, so I'm a date late) I went to visit my grandmother's cousin who was born and raised in Scotland. Does that make her my second cousin? Third? Fourth? I dunno. I always get confused with that crap. Ha, well with my mom's family I once met my fourth cousin...wtf is that???? I guess that's what happens when you have like 96 first cousins like my mom...No, seriously, she has 96 first counsins. Shit is crazy.

Anyways, I got sidetracked. Anyways, all I really remember about this trip was how freaking cold Scotland is in June. I clearly didn't pack enough warm clothes because each day I literally wore all the clothes I brought with me just in a different order! Joyce, my grandmother's cousin, lives in Rothesay, on the Isle of Bute. I wish I could find my pictures from the vacation because she's got a super cute little house around a lake. Her house doesn't have a number, only a name. Pretty sweet small town. The only way to get to and from the mainland is to take a ferry. The ferry takes about 45 minutes and its super fun to watch from the top. It was too bloody cold to stand outside so I enjoyed the view from the inside. While I was there I took a roadtrip via the train to Edinburgh where I enjoyed the day by myself. I went to the castle, walked up and down the Royal Mile and enjoyed a cup of joe at a local cafe. Perfect vacation!

I only have a few pictures from my trip since I can't find the rest:

Looking down the Royal Mile

Old Towne

The Cathederal

The Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment